Tygart is currently seeking a Splunk Analyst
as part of the Security Operations Center (SOC) for the Department of Commerce (DOC) in the Washington DC metro area. The candidate will be part of a team, investigating potential incidents and security threats. This position requires that the candidate have a current Secret
- Respond to cyber incidents, including responding to IR phone calls and emails, and preparing situational awareness reports for DOC, its bureaus, and/or DOC management.
- Act as main investigators for potential incidents identified by SOC analysts.
- Investigate phishing and self-identified potential cyber threats (phishing emails sent to the CIRT).
- Work with DOC users to analyze, triage, contain, and remediate security incidents.
- Track incident managements thoroughly and communicate with end users and senior CIO officials effectively.
- Participate regularly in SOC working group sessions, to include idea generation for new content rules for security alerting and reduction of false positives. Collaborate across organizational lines and develop depth in your desired cyber discipline and/or technologies.
- Follow documented procedures yet have an eye towards process improvement
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field is preferred.
- Three (3) years of security-related experience, particularly providing incident response
- Experience working as a Splunk analyst, capable of analyzing logs
- Solid understanding of cyber landscape and typical threat vectors.
- Able to articulate the incident response lifecycle.
- Experience investigating issues and conducting in-depth technical analyses
- Experience with multiple types of attack types and attack vectors.
- Experienced incident handler, including managing and remediating high-profile incident cases with past customers/constituents.
- Experience tracking incidents against a framework such as MITRE ATT&CK or Cyber Kill Chain methodology.
- Forensic investigation and malware analysis experience/exposure.
- Experience with multiple vendor technologies, such as RSA Archer, FireEye suite of products, one or more SIEM technologies is preferred
- CEH, CISSP, or Certified Incident Handler certifications are preferred
- Must be able to well under pressure, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent organizational skills.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is a premier professional services and software development organization providing a broad range of Information Technology (IT) services to public and commercial sector customers. Founded in 1992, Tygart's customer first mind set and agile development methodology have led to our continued success. Tygart supports the Department of Defense, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Intelligence Community, Federal Election Commission, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, and various other Federal and State organizations and maintains offices in West Virginia and Northern Virginia.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.