Tygart is currently seeking a Certified Scrum Master
to support a modernization project for Department of Justice (DoJ) organization. The successful candidate will have experience in technical program/project management and controls with practical experience serving as a Scrum Master. This position requires that the candidate have a current Top Secret
- Facilitate communication with the Government as the primary point of contact for daily interactions with the agile team
- Lead team to self-organize, self-manage, and deliver value via effective Agile practices.
- Supports and coaches the scrum process in the agile team environment and other related processes
- Conduct meetings while educating team on scaled agile principles
- Identify and recommend solutions for obstacles blocking progress
- Collaborate with senior project staff on system documentation
- Collaborate with project staff and Government on development of epics, features, and user stories
- Serve as editor for all project documentation to produce consistent, readable artifacts
- Collaborate with Front-End Software Developer to produce clear, concise wording and help text
- Assist product owner in review of user stories and confirm acceptance criteria are complete including testing and documentation requirements
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in project leadership
- Minimum of four (4) years of work experience in the area of scaled agile, scrum, and related methodologies
- Two (2) years of technical writing is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in technical program/project management and controls, project performance monitoring and reporting, and requirements analysis
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of software development life cycle models
- Demonstrates a proven track record of successfully implementing development projects using Agile enterprise-level application development projects.
- Scrum Master certification is required
- Experience presenting to audiences with technical and non-technical staff
- Must be able to well under pressure, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent organizational skills.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is a premier professional services and software development organization providing a broad range of Information Technology (IT) services to public and commercial sector customers. Founded in 1992, Tygart's customer first mind set and agile development methodology have led to our continued success. Tygart supports the Department of Defense, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Intelligence Community, Federal Election Commission, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, and various other Federal and State organizations and maintains offices in West Virginia and Northern Virginia.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
For information on Tygart and our career openings, please visit http://www.tygart.com/careers/