Tygart is currently seeking a UC Engineer
to support telecommunications initiatives for a DoJ customer. The ideal candidate will have practical experience voice and video systems and implementing connections between voice and video media. This position requires that the candidate have a current Top Secret
- Engineers, implements, and maintains complex communication solutions and maintains complex communication solutions
- Provides expert level Tier 3/4 troubleshooting support focused on all enterprise integrated Unified Communications, voice, video, and A/V capabilities on all enterprise enclaves
- Works with remote users to successfully configure and maintain connections with existing video conferencing equipment
- Assures system security focus
- Resolves OS installation, system patching, and STIG implementation issues
- Resolves other complex system level engineering challenges as required
- Proactively addresses operations, performance, and security issues
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- Three (3) years of experience working with voice and video systems and implementing connections between voice and video media
- One (1) year of experience engineering, deploying, and maintaining complex system configurations based on Microsoft and Cisco infrastructures
- Must also have outstanding troubleshooting skills to pinpoint and resolve calling issues, working with other system disciplines as required.
- Knowledge of foundation technologies, protocols, and standards for phone systems, VTC systems, streaming video systems, and network components is required.
- Thorough knowledge of Oracle SBC technology
- Certifications in related Cisco and Microsoft UC technologies are desired
- Ability to travel to locations for installation and/or troubleshooting systems as needed
- Must be able to well under pressure, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent organizational skills.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is a premier professional services and software development organization providing a broad range of Information Technology (IT) services to public and commercial sector customers. Founded in 1992, Tygart's customer first mind set and agile development methodology have led to our continued success. Tygart supports the Department of Defense, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Intelligence Community, Federal Election Commission, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, and various other Federal and State organizations and maintains offices in West Virginia and Northern Virginia.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
For information on Tygart and our career openings, please visit http://www.tygart.com/careers/