Tygart is currently seeking a Security Architect
to support a Department of Justice (DoJ) organization with securing operational environments. The successful candidate will be have experience in network and endpoint security architectures. This position requires that the candidate have a current Top Secret
security clearance, preferably with adjudicated SCI access.
- Enhances security team by planning delivery of secure solutions
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; and identifying integration issues
- Plans security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements networks, routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices to adhere to industry standards.
- Implements security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directing equipment and software installation and calibration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; providing technical support; completing documentation.
- Verifies security systems by developing and implementing test scripts.
- Maintains security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and conducting training programs.
- Upgrades security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
- Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field,
- At least five (5) years of experience in network and endpoint security architecture.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in network security.
- Proficiency is supporting accreditation activities to include architecting secure work environments that meet industry and organizational security standards
- Experience supporting resolution of security vulnerabilities to ensure system accreditation.
- CISSP and CEH certifications are required
- Must be able to well under pressure, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent organizational skills.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is a premier professional services and software development organization providing a broad range of Information Technology (IT) services to public and commercial sector customers. Founded in 1992, Tygart's customer first mind set and agile development methodology have led to our continued success. Tygart supports the Department of Defense, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Intelligence Community, Federal Election Commission, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, and various other Federal and State organizations and maintains offices in West Virginia and Northern Virginia.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
For information on Tygart and our career openings, please visit http://www.tygart.com/careers/