Tygart is currently seeking a Systems Administrator
to support a Department of Justice (DoJ) organization with securing operational environments. The successful candidate will be have experience configuring, securing and managing, with knowledge of Windows-based servers, Citrix, and VMware. This position requires that the candidate have a current Top Secret
security clearance, preferably with adjudicated SCI access.
- Responsible for server operations inclusive of hardware, operating system (OS), and utilities on the servers.
- Responsible for configuration, patch management, version and sub-version upgrades, and all aspects of the availability of servers
- Manage and distribute anti-virus updates
- Monitor security conditions and identify possible intrusions and/or vulnerabilities
- Serves as Tier 2 response in operations environment where resolution cannot be handled by on-site Tier 1 staff.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field,
- At least five (5) years of current technical experience designing, implementing, and maintaining complex networked computer systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in system configuration, patch management, and security management in Windows-based server,VMware, and Citrix or other Virtual Desktop Infrastructures (VDI).
- Experience supporting resolution of security vulnerabilities to ensure system accreditation.
- Experience performing system scans, assessing security impacts of new applications and devices, and designing solutions.
- Security + certification is required
- Must be able to well under pressure, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent organizational skills.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is a premier professional services and software development organization providing a broad range of Information Technology (IT) services to public and commercial sector customers. Founded in 1992, Tygart's customer first mind set and agile development methodology have led to our continued success. Tygart supports the Department of Defense, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Intelligence Community, Federal Election Commission, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, and various other Federal and State organizations and maintains offices in West Virginia and Northern Virginia.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
For information on Tygart and our career openings, please visit http://www.tygart.com/careers/