Tygart is currently seeking a Technical Program
to support a Department of Justice (DoJ) organization. The successful candidate will have background supporting Intelligences Community (IC) integration efforts, and have demonstrated technical experience in AWS/cloud technologies with corresponding certifications. This position requires that the candidate have a current Top Secret
- Ensure operational coverage for all critical areas to meet 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 day requirements and priorities
- Provide oversight, monitor the health and performance for processes, projects, applications, infrastructure and operational status; troubleshoot and resolve issues; escalate problems to appropriate areas, as necessary.
- Plan, organize, direct and support all project activities; provide daily supervision and direction; provide technical leadership on group projects.
- Evaluate and recommend adoption of new or enhanced approaches to delivering IT services; where applicable, analyze the potential of systems, networks, and data utilizing Cloud technologies and resources.
- Conduct analyses and recommend resolution of complex issues; identify and define business or technical requirements applied to the design, development, implementation, management, and support of project areas
- Prioritize tasks and assignments based on Government’s direction and best practices; plan and carry out difficult and complex assignments and develop new methods, approaches, and procedures; coordinate operational activities.
- Support the Government Project Manager and COR by providing information related to the performance and/or status of all current tasks and assignments, .
- Write, review and edit technical documents to include business quotes for the acquisition of IT products or services, reports, user manuals, briefings, presentations, functional descriptions, system specifications, guidelines, special reports, project schedules, and other project deliverables to meet contract requirements.
- Interpret IT policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Resolve problems, issues or conflicts, as required; ensure issues are appropriately resourced and addressed in a timely manner; provide regular updates to government leadership; coordinate team resources to diagnose and resolve operational issues; conduct analyses and recommend resolution of complex issues affecting the specialty area.
- Ensure data integrity with external organizations and downstream customers; work with external partners to establish and maintain network connections to exchange data.
- Assist in all project management task performance; ensure optimal use of commercially available products.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- Five (5) or more years of technical IT project management work experience
- Experience supporting projects required a 24/7 operational environment is desired.
- Experience supporting AWS/cloud initiatives is highly desirable; AWS certifications such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification or higher is preferred
- Demonstrated prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects, or other software or web development projects; Agile certifications are highly desired
- Possesses technical background necessary to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Experience managing a program requiring integration with the Intelligence Community is desired
- Demonstrated experience in project management principles and practices; Project Management certification is required.
- Must be able to orally present and communicate instructions, and in writing reports or documents that convey the findings/results of analysis to non-technical audiences.
- Must be able to well under pressure, possess excellent oral and written communication skills, to convey the findings/results of analysis to non-technical audiences, and possess excellent organizational skills.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is a premier professional services and software development organization providing a broad range of Information Technology (IT) services to public and commercial sector customers. Founded in 1992, Tygart's customer first mind set and agile development methodology have led to our continued success. Tygart supports the Department of Defense, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Intelligence Community, Federal Election Commission, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, and various other Federal and State organizations and maintains offices in West Virginia and Northern Virginia.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
For information on Tygart and our career openings, please visit http://www.tygart.com/careers/