Tygart is currently seeking Software Engineers
(multiple experience levels) to support a Department of Justice (DoJ) organization. The successful candidate will be a seasoned software engineer or developer with experience in cloud development, particularly AWS. This position requires that the candidate have a current Top Secret
- Formulate/define specifications for complex operating software programming applications or modifies/maintains existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacture.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document those programs.
- Assist on all phases of software programming applications.
- Evaluate new and existing software products, to include COTS, Other Government Agencies (OGA), Open Source and other existing software and systems
- Support operations and maintenance of legacy data processes
- Develop and maintain task workflow and analytic capabilities of applications.
- Provide operations and maintenance of proposed platform.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Five (5) years or more of technical experience as software developer or engineer
- Experience developing or supporting applications to support advanced mathematical/scientific requirements.
- Experience developing cloud-based applications, preferably AWS
- Demonstrate proficiency in Java and SQL, NoSQL, or MySQL interfaces
- Experience developing with the following technologies: Groovy, Grails, React, Java, NodeJS, Python, Oracle, Elasticsearch and Dynamo DB.
- Agile development experience is preferred.
- AWS/Cloud experience /certification is preferred; certifications in one of the following is highly desirable:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate or higher
- Cloud Certified Developer – Associate or higher.
- Must be able to well under pressure, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent organizational skills.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is a premier professional services and software development organization providing a broad range of Information Technology (IT) services to public and commercial sector customers. Founded in 1992, Tygart's customer first mind set and agile development methodology have led to our continued success. Tygart supports the Department of Defense, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Intelligence Community, Federal Election Commission, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, and various other Federal and State organizations and maintains offices in West Virginia and Northern Virginia.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
For information on Tygart and our career openings, please visit http://www.tygart.com/careers/