Tygart is currently seeking a Data/Software Engineer
to support the data integration via applications or adaptors using XML data exchange specifications. The candidate will be part of a team, collaborating closely with the government staff and external criminal justice agencies, to enable data sharing and management, and establish connectivity with a national data repository. The ideal candidate will have practical experience in the areas of information sharing, Extensible Markup Language (XML), relational data bases, N-DEx IEPDs, Global Justice XML Data Model (GJXDM) and the (National Information Exchange Model) NEIM. This position requires that the candidate have a current Top Secret
- Provide engineering support to facilitate inter-agency information sharing
- Produce data integration applications or adaptors from various sources to the N-DEx XML data exchange specifications
- Mapping data to Information Exchange Package Documentation (IEPD) standards, developing transformation code, validating and verifying data processes, and troubleshooting and making recommendations both to internal and external stakeholders
- Process all new agency data and adapters and maintain existing agency data and adapters
- Produce technical documentation to support integration services.
- Develop, maintain, and use automated tools to support all aspects of data integration services.
- Maintain and upgrade existing data integration projects.
- Provide recommendations and experience in using and/or developing various Extract Transform Load (ETL) products, or other automated data integration tools.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in Software Procedural Languages; Procedural Language/Structured Query Language (PL/SQL) code and Transact-Structured Query Language (T-SQL) code is desired.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in programming languages is required. JAVA, C, C#, and .NET is desired.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in databases is required. Oracle, Microsoft Access, MySQL, Sybase, Firebird database software, c-treeACE, SQL Developer, and relational databases is desired.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in transforming languages and schemas is required. XML, XSLT, XML Schema Definition (XSD), and Document Type Definition (DTD) is desired.
- A minimum of one (1) years’ experience in using data standards and data validation tools. National Information Exchange Model (NIEM), Logical Entity eXchange Specifications (LEXS) is preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ maintaining and troubleshooting data connections is required. Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) is desired.
- Experience with web services, Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) and Representational State Transfer Protocols (REST) is desired
- Must be able to well under pressure, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent organizational skills.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is a premier professional services and software development organization providing a broad range of Information Technology (IT) services to public and commercial sector customers. Founded in 1992, Tygart's customer first mind set and agile development methodology have led to our continued success. Tygart supports the Department of Defense, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Intelligence Community, Federal Election Commission, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, and various other Federal and State organizations and maintains offices in West Virginia and Northern Virginia.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
For information on Tygart and our career openings, please visit http://www.tygart.com/careers/