Tygart is currently seeking a AWS / System Architect
to support a Department of Justice (DoJ) organization in the modernization of its technical platform. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable in cloud services, specifically Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud service offerings, and be a certified AWS Solutions Architect. This position requires that the candidate have a current Secret
security clearance; Top Secret is preferred.
- Engage with project leadership to understand project goals, required functionality, and environmental constraints
- Provide top-level system architecture to agile team
- Provide architectural guidance and expertise to software engineering staff
- Develop cost-benefit analysis of architectural choices
- Produce infrastructure as code to create and provision resources and services locally and in the cloud
- Assist project leadership with development of project epics, features, and user stories
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field. Master’s degree is preferred
- Ten (10) years of experience in the area of system architecture design
- Ten (10) years of experience in the area of web application design including authentication, access control, logging, monitoring, distributed communication, horizontal-scaling, transactional-processing, model-view-controller (MVC) or similar design patterns, Representational State Transfer (REST) architectures, relational databases, and NoSQL databases.
- Four (4) years of experience in the area of cloud architecture, with AWS services
- Four (4) years of experience in the area of containerized design and orchestration
- Experience performing cost-benefit analysis and optimizing architecture for cost-effectiveness
- Experience producing infrastructure as code, configuration as code, and continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- AWS Solutions Architect certification is required
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Agile, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and SCRUM Methodologies. Certification in some or all areas is highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to work with government leaders and application teams to sound engineering practices.
- Must be able to well under pressure, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent organizational skills.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is a premier professional services and software development organization providing a broad range of Information Technology (IT) services to public and commercial sector customers. Founded in 1992, Tygart's customer first mind set and agile development methodology have led to our continued success. Tygart supports the Department of Defense, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Intelligence Community, Federal Election Commission, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, and various other Federal and State organizations and maintains offices in West Virginia and Northern Virginia.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
For information on Tygart and our career openings, please visit http://www.tygart.com/careers/