Tygart is currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer
to support a Department of Justice (DoJ) organization in the modernization of its technical platform. The successful candidate will be a certified SAFe Release Train Engineer, with experience in system design and analysis. This position requires that the candidate have a current Secret
security clearance; Top Secret is preferred.
- Collaborate with system architect to ensure architecture accommodates all business requirements
- Collaborate with system architect to provide cost-benefit analysis of architectural choices
- Collaborate with Scrum Master to produce system documents
- Collaborate with Scrum Master to develop epics, features, and user stories
- Collaborate with technical staff of varying levels from senior to junior staff
- Gather customer requirements and turn into actionable user stories
- Provide presentations on technical system to wide audience of technical and non-technical staff
- Provide analysis of complex interactions between STP data processing pipeline and external systems, identify design flaws, and propose business process and technical remedies
- Provide analysis of existing prototype software and business processes to ensure acceptance criteria is adequately capturing existing behaviors
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field. Master’s degree is preferred
- Eight (8) years of experience in the area of systems engineering, systems analysis, systems design, requirements analysis, system testing, testing automation, systems architecture, or system development
- Eight (8) years of experience analyzing business processes and data interactions
- Four (4) years of experience in the in the area of scaled agile, scrum, and related methodologies
- Release Train Engineer certification is required
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Agile, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and SCRUM Methodologies. Certification in some or all areas is highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to work with government leaders and application teams to sound engineering practices.
- Must be able to well under pressure, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent organizational skills.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is a premier professional services and software development organization providing a broad range of Information Technology (IT) services to public and commercial sector customers. Founded in 1992, Tygart's customer first mind set and agile development methodology have led to our continued success. Tygart supports the Department of Defense, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Intelligence Community, Federal Election Commission, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, and various other Federal and State organizations and maintains offices in West Virginia and Northern Virginia.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
For information on Tygart and our career openings, please visit http://www.tygart.com/careers/