Tygart is currently seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer
to support a Department of Justice (DoJ) organization with securing operational environments. The successful candidate will be have experience engineering and deploying IT systems, with knowledge of Windows-based servers, Citrix, and VMware. This position requires that the candidate have a current Top Secret
security clearance, preferably with adjudicated SCI access.
- Provides engineering, troubleshooting and support
- Works closely with security and engineering teams to complete all applicable system documentation including SSPs, as-built diagrams, and POA&Ms.
- Develops, implements, configures, and maintains security configuration policies, Government collaboration and approvals, within a Microsoft and virtual environments.
- Assists with identifying system component requirements and program support.
- Monitors the installation, integration, and implementation of automated systems
- Provides technical assistance and advice on complex activities.
- Formulates / defines specifications, develops / modifies / maintains complex systems and subsystems, using vendor engineering releases and utilities for overall operational systems.
- Applies analytical techniques when gathering information from users, defining work problems, designing technology solutions, and developing procedures to resolve the problems.
- Develops complete specifications to enable computer programmers to prepare required programs.
- Analyzes methods of approach.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Master's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field,
- At least seven (7) years of current technical experience designing, implementing, and maintaining complex networked computer systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in the following areas: Windows-based server configuration, deployment and maintenance; VMware, and Citrix or other Virtual Desktop Infrastructures (VDI).
- Experience supporting resolution of security vulnerabilities to ensure system accreditation.
- Experience performing system scans, assessing security impacts of new applications and devices, and designing solutions.
- Industry certifications are desired, to include Security +.
- Must be able to well under pressure, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent organizational skills.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is a premier professional services and software development organization providing a broad range of Information Technology (IT) services to public and commercial sector customers. Founded in 1992, Tygart's customer first mind set and agile development methodology have led to our continued success. Tygart supports the Department of Defense, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Intelligence Community, Federal Election Commission, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, and various other Federal and State organizations and maintains offices in West Virginia and Northern Virginia.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
For information on Tygart and our career openings, please visit http://www.tygart.com/careers/