Tygart is currently seeking Data Scientist (multiple positions)
to support a Department of Justice (DoJ) organization. The successful candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with large data sets, and experience in data-driven decision making. This position requires that the candidate have a current Top Secret
- Lead and / or design machine learning, statistical analysis, and data analysis tasks.
- Leverage data science techniques to provide continual enhancement to the data processes.
- Interpret data, identify features and model variables, and assess the quality of mode outputs, identifying alternatives and remediation, as needed.
- Extract, enrich and analyze data from disparate data repositories to provide mission insight and respond to data calls.
- Use data science tools and methodologies to evaluate data sets to improve data analysis.
- Collaborate with customers, often engaging directly with non-technical personnel, to understand their data science related needs, suggest solutions, and complete the work in a timely manner.
- Leverage existing and / or conduct custom Extract Transform Load (ETL) work to aggregate data from multiple repositories and condition the data to provide novel insights.
- Develop write - ups, visualizations, infographics, and charts to communicate results and associated findings.
- Support program metrics and strategic exploitation of program data.
- Automate routine workflows and data analysis steps such that customers can self - service their needs.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- Eight (8) years of work experience in system engineering or data analysis position
- Skilled in operations research, applied statistics, data mining, machine learning, or a related quantitative discipline.
- Possesses a deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and optimization algorithms.
- Able to clearly communicate complex ideas and methods in meaningful ways across the spectrum of engineers to management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Python, R, and / or Visual Basic
- Demonstrated proficiency in scripting languages, to include SQL, NoSQL, and / or MySQL is required.
- AWS/Cloud experience is preferable; corresponding certification is desired.
- Experience leveraged COTS products for data visualizations, to include MS Access, Excel, PowerBI, and Tableau as well as GOTS analytic tools to perform analysis.
- Must be able to well under pressure, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent organizational skills.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is a premier professional services and software development organization providing a broad range of Information Technology (IT) services to public and commercial sector customers. Founded in 1992, Tygart's customer first mind set and agile development methodology have led to our continued success. Tygart supports the Department of Defense, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Intelligence Community, Federal Election Commission, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, and various other Federal and State organizations and maintains offices in West Virginia and Northern Virginia.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
For information on Tygart and our career openings, please visit http://www.tygart.com/careers/