Tygart is currently seeking Data Engineer
to support a Department of Justice (DoJ) organization. The successful candidate will strong background in data warehousing and ETL method, as well is cloud experience, particularly AWS. This position requires that the candidate have a current Top Secret
- Work in data warehouse environment, which includes data design, database architecture, metadata and repository creation.
- Perform Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) tasks.
- Translate business needs into long-term architecture solutions.
- Define, design, and build databases for Oracle, Postgres, dynamo, and SQL/NoSQL.
- Develop data warehousing blueprints, evaluating hardware and software platforms, and integrating systems.
- Evaluate reusability of current data for additional analyses.
- Review object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- Eight (8) years of work experience in system engineering or data analysis position
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in data design and architecture, to include data warehousing and data marts
- Experience developing, and supporting ETL processes
- Able to clearly communicate complex ideas and methods in meaningful ways across the spectrum of engineers to management.
- Skilled in relational databases, to include Oracle, Postgres, dynamo, and SQL/NoSQL.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing in a Micro services environment is required
- Working knowledge of Agile Scrum methodology is required
- AWS/Cloud experience is preferred; Cloud Certified Developer – Associate certification or higher is desirable
- Must be able to well under pressure, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent organizational skills.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is a premier professional services and software development organization providing a broad range of Information Technology (IT) services to public and commercial sector customers. Founded in 1992, Tygart's customer first mind set and agile development methodology have led to our continued success. Tygart supports the Department of Defense, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Intelligence Community, Federal Election Commission, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, and various other Federal and State organizations and maintains offices in West Virginia and Northern Virginia.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
For information on Tygart and our career openings, please visit http://www.tygart.com/careers/