Tygart is currently seeking a Systems Engineer
to support a Department of Justice (DoJ) organization. The successful candidate will be have a strong systems engineering background with experience desgnng and maintaining virtual environments to include AWS cloud environments and Linux/Centos environments. This position requires that the candidate have a current Top Secret
- Monitor systems performance in a production environment.
- Plan, engineer, and sustain systems infrastructure; implement and design hardware and software.
- Acquire, install, test, and implement systems components.
- Ensure appropriate hardware and/or software meets functional and operational requirements.
- Evaluate current systems for effectiveness; recommend systems scalability systems and troubleshoot issues for continuous integration/continuous deployments using Centos and Linux.
- Assist in the analysis, design and development of fully integrated technology solutions.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or technical field.
- More than five (5) years of work as a system engineer, with experience leading teams
- Proficient with, and the ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of, system virtualization
- Experience with Red Hat Linux and/or Centos is required
- AWS/Cloud experience is required, with industry certifications
- Proficient with system analysis and troubleshooting—must be able to analyze, isolate, and document problems, while also being able to identify risks and develop solutions
- Experience implementing and maintaining hardware and software infrastructure across multiple security enclaves
- Experience supporting user account administration and server performance monitoring
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Agile development methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior government leaders to meet mission goals
- Must be able to well under pressure, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent organizational skills.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is a premier professional services and software development organization providing a broad range of Information Technology (IT) services to public and commercial sector customers. Founded in 1992, Tygart's customer first mind set and agile development methodology have led to our continued success. Tygart supports the Department of Defense, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Intelligence Community, Federal Election Commission, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, and various other Federal and State organizations and maintains offices in West Virginia and Northern Virginia.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
For information on Tygart and our career openings, please visit http://www.tygart.com/careers/