Tygart is currently seeking a Database Administrator
to support the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation. The PBGC is a Federal corporation created by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974. It currently protects the pensions of more than 44 million American workers and retirees in more than 29,000 private single-employer and multiemployer defined benefit pension plans. The successful candidate have extensive experiences as a database administrator, specifically with Oracle, as well as experience supporting O&M engagements. This position requires that the candidate be eligible for a Public Trust clearance
- Performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex database management systems workstations and servers on multiple operating systems.
- Implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design of databases.
- Coordinates, directs and performs complex database software installations and upgrades to operating systems and related database software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Continually monitors and tunes multiple database systems and databases to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensures database data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate solutions of varying complexities.
- Ensures database recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of database backups and archive operations.
- Plans and implements the modernization of database implementations.
- Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Conducts audits of databases to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Develops and implements new standards, policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field,
- At least nine (9) years of experience in database design, development or administration, or system administration experience.
- Experience working as a part of a database team, supporting applications, deployments, and service tickets
- Experience supporting Operations and Maintenance (O&M) engagements
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in database security.
- Experience supporting Oracle-based data infrastructures
- Recent knowledge and experience supporting cloud-based infrastructures, specifically Microsoft Azure
- Must be highly proficient in DB backup and recovery techniques.
- Knowledge of SAN technology to support highly available environments
- Experience working closely with Systems Admins, database engineers, and software developers to help determine and develop the database software and databases that will be implemented.
- Must be able to well under pressure, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent organizational skills.
- Must be willing and able to support occasional 24x7 operations, or provide “on-call” support
Tygart Technology, Inc. is a premier professional services and software development organization providing a broad range of Information Technology (IT) services to public and commercial sector customers. Founded in 1992, Tygart's customer first mind set and agile development methodology have led to our continued success. Tygart supports the Department of Defense, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Intelligence Community, Federal Election Commission, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, and various other Federal and State organizations and maintains offices in West Virginia and Northern Virginia.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
For information on Tygart and our career openings, please visit http://www.tygart.com/careers/