Tygart is currently seeking a Java/.NET Developer to support ongoing application maintenance and system enhancements for the Federal Election Commission (FEC). The successful candidate will have development experience supporting Java and associated frameworks and reporting tools. This position requires that the candidate be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Serve as a member of a 7-person agile team
- Support application Operations & Maintenance (O&M) and day-to-day production support, bug fixes, patching, and security enhancements
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Business, and Management or related field.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in application development or maintenance support
- Experience in application development using Java and .Net is required.
- Experience with one or more of the following frameworks and technologies is required: Tomcat 9, Spring Boot 4.0, Angular 10, Oracle 18c, PL/SQL, REST API, JSON, Postgres
- Knowledge of Informatica is a plus
- Experience with AWS and AWS services, or other cloud technologies, is desired
- Experience in implementing the enhancements of an existing system and provide production support for mission critical applications using proven best-practice patterns and coding standards
- Demonstrated ability to program, test and debug all applications in a QA environment, adhering to departmental standards, policies and procedures.
- Experience in agile methodologies and tools, to include Scrum and Kanban, is required
- Experience using Jira is required
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) concepts and tools is desired.
- Ability to perform testing and analysis of code for all contingencies outlined in the requirements documentation.
- Document programs in accordance with development standards and procedures
- Must be able to well under pressure, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent organizational skills.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is a premier professional services and software development organization providing a broad range of Information Technology (IT) services to public and commercial sector customers. Founded in 1992, Tygart's customer first mind set and agile development methodology have led to our continued success. Tygart supports the Department of Defense, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Intelligence Community, Federal Election Commission, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, and various other Federal and State organizations and maintains offices in West Virginia and Northern Virginia.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other pr