Tygart is currently seeking a Technical Writer to work as part of a strategic management team to assist, facilitate, or manage business process efforts for a DoJ customer. The successful candidate will have practical experience as a technical writer supporting system development efforts.
- Shall carry out research and perform analysis on topics assigned to them.
- Shall multi-task and be a self-starter.
- Shall fact-check any data collected during the research process.
- Shall possess written and oral communication skills.
- Shall demonstrate the ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced
- Shall possess analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Shall possess familiarity with various writing style guides or project briefs and use
- them to develop content for assignments.
- Shall demonstrate an excellent command of the English language, especially the rules
- of syntax, punctuation, and grammar.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is a premier professional services and software development organization providing a broad range of Information Technology (IT) services to public and commercial sector customers. Founded in 1992, Tygart's customer first mind set and agile development methodology have led to our continued success. Tygart supports the Department of Defense, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Intelligence Community, Federal Election Commission, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, and various other Federal and State organizations and maintains offices in West Virginia and Northern Virginia.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in English, communication, business
- administration or technical writing is desired.
- A minimum of four years’ experience converting technical information acquired into
- readable, easy-to-understand content tailored to their specific audience is required.
- A minimum of four years’ experience using word-processing software, including
- content management systems is required. Microsoft applications is desired.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.