Tygart is currently seeking a Data Engineer
to support the data integration via applications or adaptors using XML data exchange specifications. The candidate will be part of a team, collaborating closely with the government staff and external criminal justice agencies, to enable data sharing and management, and establish connectivity with a national data repository. The ideal candidate will have practical experience in the areas of information sharing, Extensible Markup Language (XML), relational data bases, N-DEx IEPDs, Global Justice XML Data Model (GJXDM) and the (National Information Exchange Model) NEIM. This position requires that the candidate have a current Secret
- Provide engineering support to facilitate inter-agency information sharing
- Produce data integration applications or adaptors from various sources to the N-DEx XML data exchange specifications
- Mapping data to Information Exchange Package Documentation (IEPD) standards, developing transformation code, validating and verifying data processes, and troubleshooting and making recommendations both to internal and external stakeholders
- Process all new agency data and adapters and maintain existing agency data and adapters
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in software development, and management and support of information technology systems.
- Two of more years’ experience in XML, relational data bases, and web services is desired.
- Three (3) years’ Java development experience
- Proficiency with Oracle databases and procedural Language/Structured Query Language (PL/SQL), Microsoft SQL server databases, subversion in XML and XML Schema Definition (XSD).
- Proficiency in XML Stylesheet Language Transformations (XSLT) generation.
- Experience in managing and troubleshooting secure file transfer protocols (SFTP) and web services for data submissions and user access.
- Experience using Python is a plus
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in the analysis and assessment of large data sets; managing and coordinating major parallel IT initiatives; and extracting data for analysis and consumption via appropriate form such as diagrams, reports, or tables.
- Experience with the Logical Entity Exchange Specification (LEXS) Publication and Discovery (PD) and LEXS Search and Retrieve (SR), N-DEx IEPDs, GJXDM and NEIM is highly desire.
- Must be able to well under pressure, possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and have excellent organizational skills.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is a premier professional services and software development organization providing a broad range of Information Technology (IT) services to public and commercial sector customers. Founded in 1992, Tygart's customer first mind set and agile development methodology have led to our continued success. Tygart supports the Department of Defense, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Intelligence Community, Federal Election Commission, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, and various other Federal and State organizations and maintains offices in West Virginia and Northern Virginia.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
For information on Tygart and our career openings, please visit http://www.tygart.com/careers/