Tygart is currently seeking a Sr. Telecommunications Engineer
to support telecommunications initiatives for a DoJ customer. The ideal candidate will have practical experience working with requirements analysis, engineering, and developing secure telephony capabilities. This position requires that the candidate have a current Top Secret
- Engineers, implements, and maintains telephone communication solutions
- Provides expert level Tier 3/4 troubleshooting support focused on all enterprise integrated telephone and UC capabilities
- Works with remote users to successfully configure and maintain connections with existing telephone equipment.
- Assures system security focus
- Resolves telephony equipment installation, system patching, and STIG implementation issues
- Proactively addresses operations, performance, and security issues
- Travel to locations to install and troubleshoot A/V solutions as needed
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- Eight (8) years of experience working with requirements analysis, engineering, and developing secure telephony capabilities
- Three (3) years of experience architecting or engineering secure connectivity between telephony and UC systems
- Three (3) years of experience operating or administering telephony systems
- Experience must be relevant to Microsoft and Cisco infrastructure devices
- Proficiency with system and endpoint deployment as well as related server, networking, and telephony gateway interfaces
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills to pinpoint and resolve calling issues, working with other system disciplines as required
- Thorough knowledge of foundation technologies, protocols, and standards for phone systems, VTC systems, streaming video systems, and network components is required
- Knowledge of Oracle SBC technology and certifications in related Cisco and Microsoft UC technologies are desired
- Must be able to well under pressure, possess excellent oral and written communications skills and have excellent organizational skills.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is a premier professional services and software development organization providing a broad range of Information Technology (IT) services to public and commercial sector customers. Founded in 1992, Tygart's customer first mind set and agile development methodology have led to our continued success. Tygart supports the Department of Defense, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Intelligence Community, Federal Election Commission, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, and various other Federal and State organizations and maintains offices in West Virginia and Northern Virginia.
Tygart Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
For information on Tygart and our career openings, please visit http://www.tygart.com/careers/